Pod People is looking for a thoughtful and experienced Director of Production to oversee our various audio projects and team of Project Managers. If you are a master of diplomacy/client relations, love solving problems, and have a knack for engaging with different communication styles, we want you on our team.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our Head of Business Development and Head of Production to facilitate client and cross-department communication on all of our projects. In a typical week, you’ll have regular meetings with clients and our Project Managers to ensure clear communication, and problem solve as issues arise. You will be our clients’ champion and our production team’s greatest support!
- LEAD IN THE LAUNCHING OF NEW PODCASTS
- Work with Sales team to finalize format, budget, and general scope of work (SoW) for new shows, and onboard new clients to the production process
- Guide Project Managers (PMs) in the creation of production timelines and staffing our first-rate production teams (producers, APs, editors, engineers) for new shows
- Guide the PMs and production teams creatively and logistically through the launch of a new show: lead the client kick off call to make introductions and set up the team’s workflow, remain on weekly syncs and correspondence as-needed to advise the team and clients on best practices
- HIGH-LEVEL TEAM MANAGEMENT ACROSS PROJECTS
- Lead a production “unit” of up to 5 PMs and their production teams (producers, APs, editors, engineers) in the day-to-day production of multiple podcast series: fielding questions, advising and supporting the teams throughout the process
- Ensure adhesion to Pod People’s company standards and audio industry best practices across all shows through all stages of production: development, pre-production, production, post-production, distribution
- Advise PMs on their project organization and guide them in determining and prioritizing weekly tasks
- Work with the PMs to ensure proper tracking of production budgets
- Act as backup support for PMs, stepping in on day-to-day communication if they are OOO
- Ensure all final deliverables are top-rate in quality from both a creative and technical standpoint
- Lead mid-season and project close syncs with each production team to solicit feedback, verify client satisfaction, and uncover any issues/problems
- HIGH-LEVEL CLIENT MANAGEMENT ACROSS PROJECTS
- Serve as the main point of contact for Pod People for clients in regards to any high-level creative or technical advisement for their shows (PMs will lead day-to-day communication with clients)
- Act as a liaison between the client and Pod People’s Sales team for any questions regarding SoW terms or changes during production
- Advise PMs and/or step in for PMs on higher-level client communication
- Nurture client relationships by soliciting feedback throughout the production process to verify satisfaction and uncover hidden issues/problems
- Drop into weekly syncs and touch points throughout the production process to maintain strong client relationships
- Lead a closeout meeting at the end of each project with clients to discuss challenges and celebrate successes
- CONSTANTLY REFINING PRODUCTION TEAM WORKFLOWS, TOOLS & RESOURCES
- Work with Head of Production to continually refine our team resources (team handbooks, guides, templates)
- Work with Head of Production to continually refine our production team workflows (i.e. scheduling workflow, recording workflow, etc.) and tools (i.e. Rev for transcription, Riverside.fm for remote recording, etc.)
GREAT CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years relevant experience in podcast production and managing production teams
- Excellent team management skills, with the ability and agility to successfully guide teams in their day-to-day creation of incredible podcasts
- Excellent client management skills; both in diplomatically managing their expectations and keeping them happy throughout the production process
- Great organizational skills and ability to learn new organizational software as needed.
- Razor-sharp communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Acutely analytical with a problem solving, think-on-your-feet attitude
- A systematic or process-driven approach to projects
- An eye for detail and self-direction
- A commitment to high standards, excellence, team, and our clients
Compensation & Benefits:
This role will be full time with a salary commensurate with experience level and cost of living; we’ve been a fully remote company since before it was cool. Pod People also offers a welcoming and inclusive company culture with unlimited vacation and time-off policy, as well as a 3-day weekend each month, and the opportunity to earn equity in the company over time.
About Pod People:
Pod People is a global audio production and staffing agency. We’re passionate about the power of audio storytelling, and helping our clients bring their stories to life.
We’ve spent years curating a global community with the best audio creators from all over the world. We have some of the most talented producers, journalists, writers, editors, engineers, sound designers, and more—everyone who touches the process of making a best-in-class podcast.